Friday 4 July 2014

Very bad Music Composition!

After the other day of not getting any sound out of my headphones I decided to bring in my USB headset from home to try out, plugged it in....held my breath.....no luck.

I decided that I was going to be a bit more proactive about this today, as it was only 8:00am so I was feeling refreshed and ready to go. A quick Internet search and I found my answer, sort of, a fiddle with the configuration and forcing the headphones to give me sound, I was off, although very quietly. Second, even faster search and I had my answer, the number of little Post-it notes I have floating around in my Raspberry Pi shoe box (children's shoe box is a great size to keep everything Pi related in) is growing.

So, now I have sound and the ability to play with Sonic Pi, one swift round of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and I was off. One awesome scheme of work in the bag thanks to the excellent lessons provided on the Sonic Pi website and through the "Adventures in Raspberry Pi" book, a nice combination to keep everyone happy in class, and it covers a lot of theory in secret - even better!

Phew! It's Friday, off to run the dogs at Flyball on Sunday in Derbyshire. Hmm, I wonder if I (someone) could make a better light system using Raspberry Pis.....

No comments:

Post a Comment